CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Recipe Box: No-Bake Cookies!

Today I am featuring a recipe near and dear to my heart.  My mom has made these cookies for as long as I can remember, and I know her mom makes them as well.  They are a combination of some of my favorite ingredients, and are a sort of comfort food for me.  They are also quick to make, and a great for a last minute dessert!

Please forgive me for not including pictures this time.... I will try to take some tonight to add to the post!

No-Bake Cookies

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
4 tsp. dark cocoa
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
2 2/3 cups instant oatmeal
1-2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut (optional)

Boil the sugar, milk, cocoa, and butter for 1 1/2 minutes in a large saucepan.

Remove from heat, and add peanut butter, oatmeal, vanilla, and coconut (if you wish!).  Stir together.

Drop rounded spoonfuls of dough onto wax paper or aluminum foil.  Let cookies sit under hard.  Then, you can peel them from the paper or foil, and enjoy!

(And, if no one is watching, you can eat the dough still warm from the pan with a spoon!  Yummy!)

Happy cooking,

3 comments:

Betsy said...

I must make those. Now. Mmm... Cookies.

Di said...

I've made these for years! (My mommy taught met how) They're delicious! One thing you can do to change it up is use crunchy peanut butter. Yum!

Melissa said...

Those sound yummy!