CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 12, 2009

Feeling Frumpy

Do you ever have those days, or weeks, or months, where you just feel frumpy? Like you've gotten so busy with life, that you forget to take care of yourself?  I'm having some of those feelings.

People always say that once you meet someone, become serious, fall in love, etc., that you start to let yourself "go".  I never believed that.

Me?  I'm always going to put effort into how I look.  Gonna keep getting my pedicures, gonna keep getting my acrylic nails filled, gonna keep up with my every-6-weeks hair cut/color routine.  Gonna keep working out.  Gonna keep shopping.  Gonna keep tanning.

Yeah.  Freaking.  Right.

I have really been slacking lately.  Sure, I shower daily, dry and straighten my hair, apply makeup everyday.  But recently, I have lived in tennis shoes, jeans, and a t-shirt or sweatshirt.  No dressing up, no heels, no cute blouse-type tops. 

No coloring my hair.  No pedicure since I was preparing to leave for Hawaii.  No acrylic nails since the ones I got before Hawaii fell off.  Definitely no working out like I used to.  No shopping for clothes (except hunting gear).  No tanning.

And I miss all that stuff!  I miss feeling girly, and frilly, and getting dressed up.  I guess I haven't had much of a reason to lately.

Its hard to justify spending time on all that stuff, when I feel like its almost for nothing.

But then I realize something.  It isn't for nothing.

Its for me

And I am important enough to deserve that stuff!

So, here is my new plan:

Today, I ran before work.  And loved it.  I also painted my toe nails.  Shaved my legs.  Curled my hair.  Dressed up for work.  Made myself a mocha at home.  Tonight after work, I'm going to go tan.  Next week I have a hair appointment AND a massage scheduled.  And I plan on continuing to work out more.  And buy dressier, more mature, more professional-like clothes.  And get back down to the size I was before I met Josh.

Why?  Because I'm worth it.

3 comments:

Kate said...

You go girl!

mom2allboys said...

I came from BF, and this is such a great reminder that I need to stop and take care of myself! I have 3 small boys and often forget about me:)
Thanks for sharing!

Keely said...

That's awesome!!! Like Kate said..you go girl!!