CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 2, 2011

35 Week Doctor Appointment

I had my weekly checkup on Wednesday (so weird to be going weekly now!), and everything looked just great!  Little man was measuring right at 36 weeks, and had a heartrate of 140 bpm.  He was squirming all over the place!  I gained a little more than I had wanted to do this 2-week period, but oh well.  My doctor said my weight gain is still right on track, so if she's not worried, why should I be?

I knew I was going to be getting my Group B strep test that day, and when the nurse asked if I wanted my cervix checked for the first time this week or next week, I opted for this week.  I figured if I had to undress anyways, why not kill two birds with one stone?

The good news is, WE HAVE PROGRESS!  Not much (which I'm thankful for, because I don't want a too-early baby!), but I am (was) 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced.  She said its "a great start".  No indication on whether he'll come before or after his due date, but that bit of news made me feel like at least we're headed in the right direction. 

I go back in on Tuesday (which seems so soon!) for another check and some blood work.  I have to have my RHOgam shot again between 36 and 37 weeks (I had it at 25 weeks due to my car accident), so that will probably be given next week as well. 

My cousin (and BFF) Jessica and her husband leave for their honeymoon September 8th, and don't return until late on the 13th.  Josh's aunt and uncle leave for a vacation on September 10th and return on the 13th also.  So the kiddo has strict instructions to NOT arrive during that window!  Also, Josh's mom leaves for a business trip on the 20th until the 23rd, so that time frame is out too. 

So baby, if you're listening, let's shoot for the 14th - 19th, or the 24th or later, okay?  Thanks!






0 comments: