CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 23, 2011

38 Week Survey

Yikes... I've been slacking on these surveys!!

How far along? 38 weeks and 6 days
How big is baby? According to The Bump, 18.9 - 20.9 in. and 6.2-9.2 lbs; roughly the size of a watermelon.
Total weight gain/loss: Up 29 lbs.
Sleep: My Restless Leg Syndrome has basically gone, which is such a relief.  Although that has been replaced with major contractions nearly every night!  Poor Josh is awaken each time I try to get out of bed, as I'm grunting and groaning while trying to heave myself up.  And he applies counterpressure to my low back during my contractions.  He's a trooper.
Best moment this week: Having the doctor tell me that as soon as the little man moves down into my pelvis more, labor should progress rather quickly, as my cervix is already very soft and I'm dilated to approximately 3 cm.
Movement: Gradually slowing down.  Its very easy for me to find his body, because its so large and he doesn't have much room in my belly.  Often times, I start getting worried when I haven't felt him for a little while, so I go searching for his feet.  Once I find them and push on them, he immediately pulls them away from my hand.  And then proceeds to move around like crazy.  Neither Josh nor I enjoy having our feet touched (we both hate it, actually), so we say he's taking after us already. :)
Symptoms: Not even worth answering... I'm 9 months pregnant- I have almost EVERY symptom!!
Symptoms I DON'T have: Carpal tunnel syndrome (or any of the symptoms) and heartburn.
Food cravings: Nothing really.  I'm constantly thirsty, but so.tired.of.water.
Food aversions: Nothing that I've found.
Gender: Boy!
Labor Signs: Lots more contractions, including very strong ones that originate in my low back. 
Belly Button in or out? Still flush with the rest of my belly, with the exception of one small area right above the "pucker" of skin that is the belly button.  That part sticks out.  Its like the protrusion and the skin don't match up!
What I miss: Shopping for clothes that don't have an elastic waist, and not feeling like my skin is about to rip apart on my belly.
What I am looking forward to: Meeting our son!
Milestones: Feeling like we can finally relax and enjoy these last few days (weeks) of pregnancy.



0 comments: