CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

37 Week Appointment

Today was my 37 week doctor appointment, and after Sunday night's contractions, I was really hoping for some progress.

The last two weeks, I've been 1 cm dilated.  When she checked today, I was 2.5 cm!  Woohoo for progress!!  She said the baby is now at a -2 station, and that that is a drop from last week (although she didn't mention what his station was last week).  He is measuring at 39 weeks, and had a perfect heartrate.  She also said she doesn't see us making it to our due date!

The bummer came when we were talking about my health, however.  She said I'm now anemic, which isn't a big deal really.  I was anemic all through high school, and just have to take an iron supplement.  The doctor did, however, notice that my legs and feet are swollen, and that I've had a headache for the last few days, coupled with protein in my urine.  All of these are red flags for pre-eclampsia.  The one symptom I'm missing, however, is high blood pressure!  Mine is still normal.  So, they sent me for a blood draw to look into it further, and I should find out tomorrow what's going on.

Josh and I are getting extremely impatient, and are so ready to meet our son.  We're going for a long walk tonight, and I'm hoping to start things moving!!


0 comments: