CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Full Term

Full term.

This is a term I've been waiting to be able to use, and a milestone I've been waiting to hit.

Just like waiting for that 13-week mark, to be "safely" in the second trimester.

Just like hitting 20-weeks, and finding out our anonymous baby is a sweet, strong boy; as well as being halfway through this pregnancy.

Just like the arrival of 24-weeks, and knowing our baby wad considered viable, if he chose to arrive then.

Just like 27-weeks, and making it into the third and final trimester.

And now, at 37-weeks, we are considered full term. 

My pregnancy book says labor is "normal and expected" from this point on.

It is so strange, and reassuring, knowing my son won't be premature, and more than likely won't have to stay in the hospital more than the standard 24-48 hours. It's comforting to know I've contained him safely in my body for the past nine months, and that we will soon be meeting him.

So, sweet son of mine, feel free to arrive now, or continue baking a little longer.  The choice is yours now!

0 comments: