CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Freezer Meals

I've been thinking recently about making some freezer meals for us to eat after the kiddo arrives. I have a hard enough time now coming home after work and cooking, and I can only imagine what it will be like after he is born.  I know a lot of our family/friends want to bring us meals, and we greatly appreciate it!!  But I don't want to find ourselves depending on that graciousness. 

I've been scouring my cookbooks and various websites, looking for recipes.  One of my favorite sites is What's Cookin, Chicago?  I love that Joelen has a huge collection of recipes, how to freeze them, and various tips for storage of freezer meals.  None of the recipes are too complex, and I get hungry just searching through them. 

I'm going to try making a few of the recipes this weekend, since Josh will be working overtime and I'll be home by my lonesome (with the exception of the cat and dog).  This will give us a chance to see what we like, how well things freeze, and how big the portions are.  Plus, it means I won't have to do much cooking over the next week or so :) 

Doing things in preparation for his birth/after we're home really make me realize how close we're getting to delivery day!!

0 comments: