CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday, January 24th, 2011

*NOTE:  These next few posts (with dates as titles) were written on the day of the title's date, but I didn't want to publish them until after we had told all our friends/family.  So, I'm playing catch-up for a little while!

This has been a whirlwind of a weekend.  I had a sneaking suspicion I was pregnant, but also felt like I didn't have any "symptoms".  So, I figured I just wait it out until Aunt Flow made her appearance.

My period was due Saturday, and never came.  Sunday, I decided to test, and was expecting a negative result.  Low and behold, however, I got an immediate positive!  There was no waiting for the recommended 3 minutes to read the results; it showed up instantly!  In addition, the "pregnant" line was dark - much darker than even the control line!

I decided I needed to tell Josh in a semi-creative way.  I had bought a yellow onesie that says "Mommy + Daddy = ME!" to give to our friends who are pregnant, and also a guidebook for expectant fathers.  I decided maybe we needed it more than they did right then.  So, I interrupted Josh's movie watching and told him I had a gift for him.  He sat on the couch, and I came out with the book and onesie behind my back, and sat on the floor in front of him.  I told him this was a custom-made gift, and it was non-returnable.  He asked if it was something I made, and I replied, "Sort of.".  I then asked him to close his eyes, and I placed the gifts in his hands.  I took a deep breath, and told him to open his eyes.  Its worth mentioning that I was squeezing a pillow in my arms, covering up my mouth, nervous of his reaction.  He opened his eyes, looked down, and then looked up at me and said, "Are we... pregnant?".  And I just nodded my head, while he kept asking, "For real?", and, "You're not playing a trick on me, are you?".  He then asked if I still had the test, which I went and grabbed to show him.  His response?  "Yep, there are definitely two lines there!".  He hugged me, kissed me, and told me how excited he was.

Over the next two days, Josh continually (and jokingly) asked, "Are we still pregnant?" and kept saying to himself, "Wow, we're having a baby.  I still can't believe it!".

He has been attentive, protective, caring, funny, loving, and everything else I could ask for.  We both have so many questions, and have been reading the baby books we bought non-stop.  We lay in bed at night reading, and every few minutes he'll giggle and read something to me he finds funny.  Mostly gross bodily things that I find embarrassing, and he finds hilarious.

So, our first doctor's appointment is scheduled for Thursday the 27th at 6 PM, but that is with my primary family doctor. We are trying to get a blood draw done before then to check out the hCG levels, but are unsure if that will happen.  We go in for a nurse's appointment on Valentine's Day at the OB/GYN clinic we chose (my normal OB/GYN doesn't deliver at the hospital we want), and then for an actual doctor's appointment on February 23rd.  That appointment will be right at about 8.5 weeks.

We are estimating that the day we found out (Sunday, January 23rd), I am/was 4 weeks 1 day pregnant.  Our estimated due date is October 1st, and we honestly could not be more excited.

I'm looking forward to documenting everything along the way here, so keep checking back for updates! 

0 comments: