CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Friday, January 28th, 2011: Telling My Parents

*I forgot to post this before I posted the Jan. 30th post, hence the out-of-orderness.  Oops.

Tonight, we had plans to go over to my parents' house for pizza.  We normally get together with them each week, at some point or another.  We eat dinner, watch TV, and just catch up.  So, this Friday seemed like nothing out of the ordinary.

We had decided we wanted to tell my parents tonight about the newest addition we are adding this fall, so I had picked up "The Idiot's Guide to Grandparenting" book as a joke.  Also, a few weeks prior, Mom and I had been at Ikea and I mentioned wanting to use some of our tax refund to redecorate our spare bedroom (this was prior to me knowing I was pregnant).  I printed out a picture of a nursery from online, and left it in the envelope from the photo-printing place, and put the book in a paper bag.

We got to their house, and we were all lounging in the living room.  I handed Dad the bag and said, "I saw this at the store and thought of you."  And then I gave Mom the envelope and casually mentioned I decided how I wanted to decorate the spare room.  They opened them at the same time, and Dad just giggled and said, "No way!".  Mom said, "You're having a baby?!  Are you serious?!  I'm going to be a grandma!!".  She then declared right away that they wanted to buy the crib, and she wants to babysit.

We spent the rest of the evening talking about it, and Mom whipped her laptop out so we could look at baby stuff online.  Needless to say, they were (and still very much are!) excited!

0 comments: