CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure Walker in SERIOUS NEED!!!!

Hello,

I have taken on an incredible challenge. On September 24th - 26th, I will be walking 60 miles over the course of three days, camping out at night with thousands of other women and men taking this journey with me.

It's for an event called the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure. Net proceeds from the Komen 3-Day for the Cure are invested in community-based breast health programs and breast cancer research. The research funded focuses on decreasing breast cancer incidence and mortality in the next decade. Susan G. Komen for the Cure works hard to build a future without breast cancer, and I need to raise $2,300 to help bring us closer to that goal. I am also an official Training Walk Leader, so I can help other women prepare for this journey. We walk together several times a week, logging countless miles.

I've been spending the past few weeks preparing for the event and have really made a lot of progress. So far I've raised $1400 - only $900 to go! My training is also going well. I've walked over 100 miles in the last 24 weeks. I can hardly wait to hit the road with the thousands of other women and men who are joining together for this common cause.

Please consider making a donation. If you can't give all at once, you can spread it out over four months, using the payment plan option, if you donate online at The3Day.org. Please also ask your employer if they will double your donation with a matching gift.

Here is my link to my personal page to donate: http://www.the3day.org/site/TRC/2010/SeattleEvent2010?pg=peditor&fr_id=1471&px=4587524

Unfortunately, breast cancer has become an all too common occurrence among women and men throughout the world. Now is the time to take action to help end this disease. Without a cure, one person will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes in the United States. I hope that you'll share this incredible adventure with me - by supporting me in my fundraising efforts. Donate for your mother, your wife, your sisters, your daughters. Donate so that none of these women have to fight the uphill battle a diagnosis of breast cancer brings. One in eight women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime. That's why I'm walking in the 3-Day for the Cure. To do something bold about breast cancer - because everyone deserves a lifetime.

Thank you in advance for your generosity!

Sincerely,

1 comments:

ADSchill said...

It was really great meeting you the other night at SIF's hotel. I am blessed to have found such great women to connect with. I have finally gotten my fertility blog up and running. I would love it if you would follow!

http://missconception-ads.blogspot.com/