CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Molly Gets Stuck

After our ER trip the other day, we went to my parents' house for dinner.  When we're there, we let Molly run around outside with their dogs.  In case you didn't know, my parents also have cows.

At our house, we have a shallow watering trough that we keep filled with water in the backyard.  Molly plays in it, and sinks her toys in it, and drinks out of it.  It's only about 2 feet tall.
At my parents', they have the same trough, but its a lot deeper, for t heir cows to drink out of.
Can you see where this story is going?

While sitting around in the kitchen chatting, I decide to peek outside and check on Molly.  I don't see her, so I start calling her name.  She was nowhere in site.  Then, I could faintly hear her crying.  But I had no idea where she could be stuck.  I happened to glance into the cow pasture, and see her little blonde head poking up out of the watering trough.  I ran as fast as I could out there, not knowing just how much water was in there/if she could touch the bottom.  Luckily, there was only about a foot of water in the trough, so her legs were covered and her belly was wet, but she wasn't drowning.  She just didn't know how to get out!  She obviously thought this trough was just like hers.  I had to lift her wet little petite rather heavy body out while she squirmed around.  Behind me, back at the house, I could hear everyone else dying of laughter.

Looking back, it was quite hilarious seeing her in there.  At the time though, it scared me half to death!

This, people, is why I do not have kids!!!!

0 comments: