CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 3, 2010

Getting Down to Business

When Josh and I met, I was fairly happy with my body/weight/size.  Sure, I could have been more toned and had a little excess weight, but I was content.  Now, almost two years later, I feel like a cow.  I have gained so much weight that I can't even wrap my head around it.  At my smallest in high school, I weighed 115 and could fit into a size 4.  Not no more.  I won't even tell you what size I am now, because it makes me cringe.

So, I once again decided to try to change that.  I started looking into the Atkins Diet, and it intrigued me.  It also scared me.  I am a total carb lover.  Give me bread, give me pasta, give me doughnuts.  Anything involving dough.  So giving all that up was a daunting task.  Now, obviously you have to have some carbs in your diet; its just about limiting those, and getting healthier varieties of carbs.  Bye bye doughnuts.

I'm not completely adhering to the Atkins rules, but am using their guidelines.  I've started paying more attention to the carb/fiber numbers on packages, and paying less attention to the calories.  It has been a real learning experience to see the ridiculous amount of carbs I was taking in.  I've learned more about what kinds of foods to choose (veggies, things high in fiber, some fruits), and what kinds of foods to not choose (Cheddar bagels, muffins and doughnuts, pasta).  It has taken some getting used to, to say the least.

This is my first week of trying this out, and I am still desperately craving carbs.  But that's to be expected!  I've been making healthier choices, and being more conscious of just what I'm putting in my mouth.  And the best part?  I'm already down 3 pounds!

Here's hoping another 20 or so pounds just falls off this weekend!  (A girl can hope, right?)

0 comments: