CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Season Begins

Josh and I are both avid hunters, and September marks the beginning of us really getting down to business.  This past Monday, Labor Day, Josh, Molly, and I headed up into the woods.  It was a lazy hunting day, and I of course brought my camera along.  Josh hates when I do this, as he says whenever a camera is brought on a hunting trip, you will be unsuccessful.  But I do it anyway. :)

I snapped a bunch of photos without him really knowing (or at least he acted like he didn't know; he could have just been ignoring me).  Here are a few of my favorites:






And in other news, Molly got her first bird yesterday!  We've been training her to be a duck hunting dog, and so far she had never had any experience with live birds.  Yesterday, Josh and her were in the woods, and Molly sniffed out a grouse.  It flew up, Josh shot it, and Molly retrieved it!  They were both beaming when I got home; I don't think Josh has even been more proud of her!  Here's a picture of the two of them.  Its out of focus slightly because I had to act quickly, and I couldn't get Molly to look at me.  She was too focused on getting that grouse!


0 comments: