CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

I Thought Summer Was Supposed To Be Relaxing...

Why is it that as soon as I get done with one thing, I feel the need to take on ten more things to fill that space? Here I am, getting down to the last week of my summer class, and I already have a million new things scheduled!!

Being on the Health Center Committee for Saint Martin's University, I'm busy creating presentations to show to the incoming freshmen's parents at Orientation. And trying to coordinate with everyone to make sure the actual Health Center is being renovated and will be open in time for classes starting in August. This Center is something I've becoming very passionate about, probably because I've spent the last four years working in a clinic.

In addition, I'm in charge of coordinating registration for the Association of Non-Traditional Students in Higher Education's Annual Conference, which will be held at SMU in March of 2009. Heading this committee has become a huge time commitment. But I'm passionate about it, just like the Health Center. I think I'm looking forward to these both being over with, and being able to say, "Hey, I helped make those possible! I did that!"

When I was dating Jared, I met some really incredible people in his life, some of whom I've kept in contact with. Shelly works down at South Sound Speedway, and contacted me back in March/April about being Trophy Girl down at the track. However, I didn't want to have to give up every Saturday from April through September. I love my weekends too much (see previous posts!). So I politely declined. Then, about a month ago, she called me again. And asked me to "fill-in" for a couple of weekends for the current Trophy Girl. Since I always thought it sounded like fun, I agreed. So, for eight Saturdays this summer, I will be serving as the South Sound Speedway Trophy Girl. Here are the dates: June 21st, July 12th, July 26th, August 9th, August 23rd, August 30th, September 13th, and September 27th. If you're down in the Rochester area any of those nights, stop by and see me! I'll be the one riding around the track in the Pace Car! :)

Disneyland is in 16 days, and I couldn't be more excited! Sunny weather, no parents, great friends, and Mickey!!

Arbonne is finally taking off, and I'm looking forward to scheduling some one-on-ones with people soon to start introducing them to our wonderful products!!

Look for pictures and more posts soon!!

0 comments: