CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Smoothie Chronicles: Citrus Carrot Cocktail

I'm on a major smoothie kick.  Maybe it has to do with my working out, but I could honestly have a smoothie for every single meal.

I found a bunch of great recipes on www.vitamix.com (they sell the fancy, commercial-grade blenders that could probably grind a cement block).  I'm going to be trying out about twenty of them over the next few weeks, and posting the recipes here along with my review of it.  Here is the first one, from last night!

Citrus Carrot Cocktail

1 cup pineapple chunks
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/8-inch thick slice of lemon (with peel)
1 cup ice cubes

Put everything in the blender, and blend until smooth!

Review:
Pretty tasty!  Definitely citrus-y tasting, although a little too much carrot flavor.  I think I might like it better if I substituted the pineapple for an orange.  This did turn out a fun, orange color that made me think of summer.  I'd give it a 7/10.

0 comments: