CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Adventures in First Time Homebuying: Part 6

Today was the day our counteroffer to the sellers' counteroffer expired. We have been trying patiently all day to await the results.

Will they counteroffer again?

Will they just flat-out say no?

Or will they accept our offer?

Josh called me about this afternoon, sounding pretty bummed.  He told me he had some bad news.  I have had the flu for the past 3 days, and really wasn't looking forward to hearing that they in fact, didn't accept our offer.  He then proceeded to tell me that they didn't counteroffer, and that they were stuck at their original price.  I was sad - but tried to not make a big deal of it.  THEN, Josh asked me for the home inspector's phone number that had helped with our First Time Homebuying class, becuase they had indeed accepted our offer!!  Josh always gets the biggest kick out of trying to fool me.  I know I should come to expect it now whenever we are waiting on big news!

So, there you have it!  We are moving forward with our plans of buying this house.  The sellers are having the property lines surveyed within the next 10 days, and we are having the home inspection done in that same time frame.  If all of that goes well, we will (hopefully!) be closing on our home around the end of March!  (The loan program we are using is severely backlogged currently; they are still processing applications from December.)

I will, of course, post more as details come available!

1 comments:

Amy and Jeremiah McMahan said...

YEAH! I am so excited for you! Can't wait to hear more.