CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2009 Through My Lens...

Its going to be hard to top 2009! This past year has been huge for me. I have grown a lot as a person, and am finally feeling as though I am coming into adulthood.

I started 2009 off in a brand-new relationship, with Josh.


I turned 21 in February, and spent my first night on the town in Seattle with friends.


Shortly after, in the end of March, we found out we were expecting our first baby, and then in April, had our dreams crushed when we learned we had lost him/her.


April also brought me being baptized and confirmed Catholic, in the Saint Martin's Abbey.


In May I completed my Bachelor of Science degree, and had the opportunity to walk across that big stage in front of my family and friends to receive my diploma.


I also took up photography in May, and have started to gain confidence in myself and my abilities.


In June, Josh and I traveled to Hawaii as a graduation present from my boss and her husband.


July was full of camping, and on one of those trips we celebrated Josh's 23rd birthday.


I took my first big leap in August, skydiving out of a plane.  And loved every second of it!


September was full of hunting, both for deer and for a house!  I also participated in my first National Brain Tumor Society Walk in Portland, in honor of Chuck.

My mom, dad, brother, and I also took a mini-vacation to San Francisco in September, and had fun being tourists and seeing all the famous sights.


October was more of the same, with a kill-less season for both of us, and still no house.  I took my first big hunting trip with my dad to Wenatchee, but had no success.


I had the opportunity to visit the Roloff Farm in October with my parents, and we enjoyed meeting all of the Roloff family members!


In November, we celebrated our first Thanksgiving together, and Josh went on a hunting trip with his uncle and cousin in Wyoming.


December was busy, busy!  We enjoyed our Christmas with lots of family and friends, and attended Candlelight Mass at the Abbey.  New Year's was spent at Uncle Rick's with the family, and was a ton of fun.


Looking back, I can't believe how busy and exciting 2009 was!  It doesn't seem possible for 2010 to be any better, but I have faith that big things are in store for us!  My next post will have an exciting list for 2010.... watch for it!)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic work Maranda. Things are just going to keep getting better for you.