CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Walking, Walking, Walking

I've been doing lots of walking lately, training for my Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure.  I'm an Official Training Walk Leader, so I, along with some other TWL's, organize walks on the weekends.  It's fun to get together with a great group of women, often times different ones each time, and log some miles.  This past Sunday we did 6 miles.  We met at 7:30 AM, did some stretching, and then headed out!  There were 8 of us total, so we inadvertently paired off as we walked down the sidewalks.  Everytime we came to an intersection, we seemed to switch off partners, which was really nice!  I had the opportunity to talk to all of these sweet, sweet women with interesting stories and backgrounds of their own.

Here is our group after our walk:

And Tori, the other TWL, and I after sitting down for coffee to plan our walk schedules for the next few months:

Tori is spunky and full of life, and just as excited about all of this as I am.

Stay tuned for more training/fundraising updates!


0 comments: